Wednesday 20 January 2010

Sister Act - Vintage Stationary


My sister is one of the most creative souls I know (Love you Renee), she can turn any old thing into something shiny, beautiful and new. She recently inherited a collection of vintage German fashion magazines ranging from the 1940's to 1980's. Like me, we share a fascination with hoarding, or as I like to say "cherishing" (much to our husbands dislike for lack of storage space). She has crafted the sweetest stationary from these treasures including handmade cards for all occasions, envelopes and soon to come writing papers.



Among Renee's many talents is her range of vintage button accessories which are hand crafted from stunning pieces of antique sewing materials under her label Mai Swan. Her pieces are all one offs with no two pieces a like. She uses the most beautiful objects including bakelite buckles, glass and wooden buttons, found items and recycled materials. Some heralding from the 1920's and even earlier!

My favorite is the antique gold knitting gauge brooch, complete with glass gnome and diamonte buttons pictured above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there and thanks for your [url=http://www.oksunglassesaushop.com]cheap oakley sunglasses[/url] information ?C I have definitely picked up something new from right here. I did then again expertise a few technical issues using this web site, [url=http://www.oksunglassesaushop.com]oakley sunglasses[/url] , since I experienced to reload the web site lots of occasions previous to I could get it to load properly. I were brooding about if your web hosting is OK?